Sunday, February 21, 2010

Beaver And Bulldog Critique








Hi Everyone!
This week I went for lunch at a local place called The Beaver And Bulldog. First off I'd like to say this is my favourite place for wings. They are huge and come in 31 awesome flavours. I need not say more. Anyway, they got a new menu so I figured I'd check it out....

The restaurant is open concept with a bar in the middle and tables surrounding. LCD T.V.'s are hung everywhere as it is typically a sports bar. Music was 90's pop, but there is a juke box that you can put money into and choose your tunes.

Our server was a young girl, very friendly but not too knowledgeable. She was a little flustered it seemed but it was ok with me. The order was correct, the food arrived in a timely manner and she checked up and took care of our wishes. Thats all I expect. Good job.

The food was good! We started with Bruschetta, its hard to mess up I know but the pieces were substantial with lots of topping and that made me happy. The meals were the "Buckeye BBQ Pork" sandwich which was quite tasty. The pork was very good quality, (not boiled in a bag like some) cut thick and tender and smothered in a spicy bbq sauce and topped with field greens. The only problem here was that it was very messy to eat. The side was a spinach salad with bacon, egg, mushroom, onion, a lemon wedge and a sesame dressing. Very pleased. The other meal was a "Shanghai Sesame Stirfry" which consisted of a saucy ginger and sesame stirfry with mixed veg served over a bed of mixed grain rice and asian noodles. We were pleased with this dish. It was spicy sweet and quite filling. Pleasantly surprised for asian influence in a pub.

All in all lunch was enjoyable and ill probably be back on mon or tues for half price wings.

My Rating:

Atmosphere- 4/5
Service- 3/5
Food- 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment